Sunday, March 25, 2012

Labors of Love
I've always know that I have a moderate to strong ability to be able to crochet things, but I haven't realized until recently how I can extend that ability be able to bless people with the ability that God gave me.
Over the past six-ish months, I've been making baby things for my sister (which I have loved doing)!
I started by making a blanket for the new baby. I made Shane a square crib blanket when he was first born, but I wanted to try to do something different. So, I was hanging out with a friend one day, and she showed me a absolutely beautiful round floor blanket. As I was making it, several people asked me to make one for them because they wanted to thank someone for doing a big thing for them. I turned out amazing, and I will be making one for myself in the future! It was very much an honor to be able to make it to bless my sister and her future child.
I then started making baby booties from a book, and made several for people, but then realized that my sister is due in less than a month, and so I started frantically working on a couple things that she wanted for the baby immediately. I was very gratified when the pattern for the hat worked out without a hitch. I got the pattern off of a great website for free patterns (I unfortunately dont remember the web adress of the site). I cant wait to see it on my future niece!
I had a baby onsie pattern that, again, I had found for free online, and discovered that for some reason I kept having problems with the width and length of it. So, after making several to perfect it, I think I have finally figured out the pattern. Any recommendations, of course, are more than welcome. I made a pair of matching baby booties ( I love free patterns, just saying), and found some darling buttons to attach for closures. I'm going to make a skirt out of white, with a pink border, but am currently working on braiding string together for a sturdy waist. So, its not quite done yet.
I have realized, as I am making all of these things for people, that it is my passion to crochet and Tatt things for others. Only by making things for people can I best show the love that God had instilled in me for service. I'm just a little ashamed it took me this many years to fully realize it!

1 comment:

Mommy Becoming said...

I'm so glad you've found a way you enjoy ministering! And I can't wait to see the things you've made for Azaria--they look beautiful! Love ya.