Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wow! Its been forever since I've posted. Over three years! Oops! The reason? Alot of new stuff in life has happened to me. I've been to school, gotten married and now have four "children" aka very demanding animals! And I still have a sink full of dishes to do today before dinner with my mom and grandparents!









My current household consists of a husband, Nathan. He is very goofy, has ADD, and has the memory of a goldfish (I don't know how many times a day I have to tell him things over and over and then say "Don't you remember when i said this to you....?") But I love him more than any other thing in this world, and I do not know what I would do without him.






The only other living things in the house are animals (no more fish though). Cadet is still around. Nate had taken care of her for a year or two until we got married, and through many of his family's objections, she came with us when we got married. About three months ago, she wound up having a cancerous skin tumor that got removed in time, and so we're very grateful to have us with her still.







We also have two cats. The siamese is a rescue, and is a very jittery thing that runs away each time you move or walk too fast. She's a real sweetheart though, when you sit down. She has a habit of eating everything she can...even salad.... Because of this she's a bit chunky, as you can well imagine! But yet a very beautiful, sweet hearted cat. She is named Liffin, or "thing" in Wolof.


The other cat, still a kitten, is named Minion and was found by a neighbour who started to feed it at a very young age, and wanted deseperately to find a home for it, and so asked us to watch it for a night until she could take it to the SPCA, and my husband, Nate, went and fell in love with it. The next day he looked at me with big puppy dog eyes and begged to keep it. Can you really say no when your husband looks at you with puppy dog eyes? Even now Minion is in my lap "helping" me type.



The last critter is a rabbit named Lady Emma. She was a christmas present to me and Nate last year, and Nate brought her home for me from Colombus. She's a Mini Rex about 4-6 pounds and has the sweetest temperament ever. She'll never bite you unless shes hungry or throwing a temper tantrum or thirsty, which is rare for her. She doesnt seem to realize that the dog is her natural enemy and will play with Cadet and Minion all day if she can. However, we dont let her out to play without supervision. Liffin, the siamese, is afraid of the rabbit, and so doesnt deign to play with Lady Emma, or Emma for short.The picture is kind of lousy, and her eyes arent actually red, but its fairly hard to take a picture of a rabbit, let alone a stellar picture of a rabbit where they aren't hopping around!


Well, off to dishes! Their frantic plea to be cleaned is finally reaching my ears. On with the day then!

2 comments:

Mommy Becoming said...

Hey, wow! You should totally keep posting on your blog! It's nice!

Dusty Penguin said...

I just discovered you posted! You'll have to start blogging regularly again!